Thursday 7 April 2011

Podcast Script

How old are you?
I am 40 years old.
Do you have any children?
Yes, I have three children, one 6, one 10 and one 13.
Do you regularly read newspapers?
Yes I do a lot of the time, I usually read the EDP.

Poster
Did you like the picture used on the poster?
I liked the use of a mother and child on the poster because as a mother you can relate to the picture itself.
Did you like the fact that the picture was in black and white?
I did like the fact that it was in black and white because it made the coloured text stand out. Although, I think the picture could do with being made a little brighter.
How did you feel about the poster not following the idea of illustrations on newspaper posters?
I thought it was a nice difference, although the illustrations are bright and eye catching, they also link specifically to the guardian and the poster you have produced will therefore link specifically to your own newspaper.

Webpage
What did you like the most about the website?
I liked the picture at the top of each page as it linked the website to the posters and attracts a motherly eye. I also liked how it was easy to navigate around the site and wasn’t over complicated.
Did you like that there was a limited amount of news on the homepage?
I did like this because I was then able to change to the news page if I wanted to read more. As the website contains more than just news, you don’t want the main page to contain all of the news. The hyperlink page contains all the news for you so there is not any need on the homepage.
 What did you think about the lifestyle page?
I think that it contained all the correct information that housewife would like to see. There were lots of recpies and cookery help. I also thought the best thing was the childcare services in your local area because it is sometimes hard to find childcare in the local area. The layout was simple and colourful and very attractive to the eye. I very much liked this page as a whole.

Newspaper
Did you like the choice of colours used?
I do like the choice of colours as I feel that they appeal to women and as they are baby colours they have connotations of motherhood.
Although, I feel the use of the black text and dark title was a bit too bold juxtaposed with the baby colours. This is understandable though why it was necessary because if a light colour was used it would be hard for the audience to read.
Do you like the pictures which are used?
I do like the choice of pictures, as they appeal to the target audience. The use of the picnic hamper containing food appeals to women as it links to the kitchen and the traditional values attached to women.
Do you think there should be more weather on page 2?
No, I think that there is just enough information on the weather because there isn’t anything more that you would need. I think sometimes there is too much weather filling up the second page when there could be more news.
How did you find the layout of the newspaper?
I thought that the layout was simple yet effective. It was an easy layout to read and understand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment