Thursday 7 April 2011

Evaluation Question 3

How did you use new media technologies in all stages?

I have used a blog, ‘Blogger’ to display my work. On this I have been able to show some of my planning, along with the evaluation. This is an accessible and creative way to promote my work. For my AS coursework I used powerpoint to display work and thought that it was quite simple and decided that I should expand and show my online skills by promoting my work within a blog.

Newspaper

When researching for my newspaper, I used the internet to see other newspapers. I was also able to download newspaper pages to view them. I used the site Facebook to ask questionnaire questions to others because it was an easier way to get the answers to both my qualitative and quantitative questionnaires. I think the use of Facebook to ask the questionnaire questions shows how my target audiences are virally aware.  I used GIMP editing programme to edit my pictures and make them brighter or change the contrast. This therefore made it possible to make pictures clearer. I designed my newspaper on Publisher and was therefore able to work around this well – I started to design on in-design but decided for the time period I had to design it that I should stick with publisher although I did start the design on in-design.

Poster

When I was researching other newspaper posters, I used the Internet to browse. I looked at all different kinds of posters, which fitted with newspapers. It was hard to find them because there are not many recent newspapers, which use posters to advertise. When taking the pictures for my poster, I used a digital camera to take the pictures, which had many different settings. I experimented with these to get the best photograph. Once I had chosen one that I wanted to use, I used GIMP editing programme so that I could change the colour, brightness, contrast etc of my photos. This gives them a more professional look.

Website

I noticed during my research there are many websites for magazines online. I think that this fits the ideology of my paper because it lets mothers and housewives who have busy lives to read the news quickly online instead of reading the newspaper if they need too. I think this is an important new technology because it saves time for the reader. I used publisher to create my website and chose to do two hyperlinked pages, one news and one lifestyle. I then published this to the web and currently have an online linked page to the webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment